About Vintage Vertigo

Welcome!
We are passionate Etsy sellers of vintage and vintage inspired treasures. Our membership is over 500 strong! We encourage and support one another and welcome new members to join. Please follow our blog and visit often to see the latest from our Etsy shopkeepers!

The Vintage Vertigo Team ~ An Etsy Team Spirit Finalist

29 December 2014

A Turkey Of A Tale



New Year's and April Fool's Day are my day's to pull a prank on someone.  With that, I thought I'd share with you a little story of a prank that was shared with me recently.


"A Turkey Of A Tale"

A father and son were honored with the duty of cooking the Thanksgiving turkey.  Upon commencing with the preparation of the turkey, the son had a great idea.  "Dad, let's take that Cornish game hen from the fridge and stuff it in the turkey like a Turderkin!" exclaimed the son.  The father thought it was a great idea and proceeded with the preparation.

Time came to gather everyone at the table and upon completion of the giving of thanks and grace, Dad proceeded to carve the turkey.  Having sliced one side of the breasts and plating the meat, the Dad thought it would be good to start scooping the stuffing from the turkey.

Two or three scoops in, Dad realized he needed to pull the game hen from the cavity of stuffing to afford him more access.  It was at that point that Grandma sitting in anticipation of the grand feast noticed that Dad was pulling something foreign from the turkey's cavity and in one swift motion, stood and shouted... It's pregnant!! You killed the BABY!!!!  Then fainted to the floor. 


Momma's don't let your babies grow up to be pranksters!




11 comments:

Blue Moon Attic said...

Is this true, Dave?

Unknown said...

One of my newest students told me the story this past weekend. He assured me was true and that he and his Dad actually did it as a prank, but had no idea Granny would be so unsuspecting as to faint at the sight of little turkey jr., lol. I'd never thought of such a thing, but it cracked me up and I had to share.

PS Simply Vintage said...

OH GOSH, this is too funny!!!

Unknown said...

Too funny......I'll have to say I may put that on my list of things to do next Thanksgiving.......thanks for the idea Dave.

Unknown said...

Hehe, Thanks and I just couldn't help but to share as I too thought was hilarious when told the story. Thanks for the visit and comments!

CraveCute said...

This is truly hilarious! What a prank!

Anonymous said...

Love it Dave! Thanks for sharing!
I bet that family won't forget that one for a long time!

Dottie

EarthLites said...

Oh my gosh! I'm laughing as I write!
I hope Grandma didn't hurt herself!
The only big problem I see is that there wasn't much room for stuffing! HA!

ByLightOfMoon said...

Oh, that is TOO Funny!
Smiles, Cyndi

Jenni said...

I know a couple of people that I can picture doing something like this! Great story!

Anonymous said...

Love the new avatar!

Dottie